I don't know about you but I am not a fan of buying spaghetti sauce of out a jar, maybe it's from my Italian background. Homemade pasta sauce is so easy to make and you can change it up each time if you like. This tomato sauce you can use on many things not just for pasta such as chicken parmesan, a topping on rice, soups, dipping sauces, etc. Your imagination is the limit.
1 can tomatoes (this again is up to you, do you like crushed or the ones with little tomato chunks)
1/2 small onion or one shallot
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp oil
1/2 tsp Oregano
1/2 tsp Parsley
1 tsp basil (fresh if you can)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
Meat (You can use chicken thigh/breast, beef cubes, extra lean ground beef/chicken/turkey)
1. If using chicken thigh/breast or beef cubes then cook these first however you prefer, oven or stove top. Feel free to use any meat substitute or omit all together.
2. In a sauce pan, put the oil in the pan and sauté the garlic and onions until partially cooked.
3. Put in the meat (if ground beef you can add in raw with spices here) and stir around. Make sure it is almost cooked at this point.
4. Add in the can of tomatoes and stir around with the spices.
5. Turn down the heat to low and simmer for half hour, stirring occasionally.